Last updated: January 15, 2019
Scope of This Policy
Zia Consulting, Inc. (“Zia,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “last updated” date above. If there are material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by indicating on our Websites that this Policy has been updated. Your continued use of the Websites after notice of updates constitutes your acceptance of the updated terms. We encourage you to check this Policy whenever you use our Services to understand how your personal information is used.
Information We Collect
This Policy applies to all information collected by or submitted to Zia through our Websites, including Personal Information. “Personal Information” is data that reasonably can be used to identify an individual, as defined by applicable data protection laws.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide us by completing forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering on or subscribing to our Services, including contact details such as name, email address, and phone number.
- Information that you upload to, or share through, our Services, including profile information or any Personal Information that you provide, for example, in a user profile, in signing up for newsletters, or in registering to download our content and materials or sign up for a webcast. This also includes any content you may provide in free-text or unstructured format, such as through participating in a user forum on the Websites, or in making comments on the Websites.
- Information we may collect about your interaction with our software and Services, including account activity, license information, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Information relating to the device or browser you use to access our Websites, such as IP addresses, MAC addresses, application ID/AdID/IDFA, session navigation history and similar browsing metadata, and other data generated through applications and browsers, including cookies and similar technologies.
- Information that you provide us by completing surveys on our Websites or as carried out by our approved third parties or through participation in promotions, contests, or giveaways.
- Information you provide to us when you contact us for customer or technical support.
- Information that you provide us, our partners or service providers when carrying out transactions through our Websites.
- Information we receive from our third party partners during the registration process you provide such as first name, surname, location, registration date, phone number, and email address.
- Information we receive from third party search engines relating to your search activity.
- Information provided with your consent at conventions, trade shows, and expositions.
- Information you provide to us when you submit questions or comments to us through our Websites.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the Personal Information you provide to:
- create and maintain your accounts;
- process, fulfill, and follow-up on your orders;
- analyze and filter messages for spam;
- register your products;
- answer your questions;
- register you in programs (per your request);
- send you information you have requested, or other information we think would be of interest to you;
- send you surveys;
- enforce our terms of sale and other policies, and prevent fraud;
- protect the security and integrity of our Websites, our business, our products and services;
- as otherwise disclosed to you from time to time when the information is collected.
We also use this Personal Information to provide you with information related to your account and the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our Services, to personalize the Websites based on your settings, for internal business analysis, for targeted advertising (whether on Zia’s sites or third party sites), and to personalize communications.
How We Store and Process Information
We store Personal Information on secure servers operated by us or our third party providers. Personal Information may be stored and processed in the United States or other countries in which Zia’s business partners operate. Any payment transactions through our Websites will be executed through a third party and any information you submit to carry out a transaction will be governed by that third party’s security and privacy provisions. If we receive any payment data from you outside of the scope of our Websites (for example, through a mailed check), we will use reasonable precautions to protect that information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. You will be held responsible for any actions taken by anyone using your login credentials, whether or not that person is authorized by you.
Although we will use reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites; any transmission is at your own risk.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
The cookies used on the Websites have been categorized based on the following categories:
- Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Websites and use certain features, such as accessing secure areas of the Websites. Without these cookies, certain portions of the Websites cannot be provided.
- Category 2: Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Websites – for instance, which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages from certain pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identify a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. This information is only used to improve how the Websites work.
- Category 3: Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow the Websites to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Category 4: Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies. These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations, such as advertisers.
Some of the cookies used on our Websites, including which category they fall under, is set out below (however, this list may not be complete, and is subject to change over time).
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Websites. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Websites. The cookies collect information in anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Websites, where visitors have come to the Websites from, and the pages they visited.
Click here for an overview of privacy at Google: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
Present on all Zia Websites.
Category 2: Performance
Marketing automation, prospect management, and lead management from Net-Results:
This cookie is used to store user-entered data submitted via forms on all Zia Websites, including software trials, contacting Zia sales, requesting white papers, and registering for webinars.
Present on all Zia Websites.
Category 2: Performance
Most web browsers allow some control of cookies through the browser settings. However, our Websites do not respond to your browser’s do-not-track request.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We typically will disclose your Personal Information in the circumstances described below, or as you may otherwise agree from time to time.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties under any of the following circumstances:
- As required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or agency action, or to prevent fraud).
- For analysis and filtering of messages and content for spam.
- For research activities, including the production of statistical reports (such aggregated information is used to describe our products and services to current and prospective partners and other third parties, and is not used to contact the subjects of the report).
- In the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture or due diligence in connection with a potential transaction (pursuant to a pledge of confidentiality under which the recipient agrees to use the information for no purpose other than carrying out the transaction).
International Data Transfers:
Zia is located in the United States, and we operate and use service providers located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, your Personal Information may be transferred to the United States. The United States may not provide the same legal protections for Personal Information as other countries, however, by providing your Personal Information to Zia, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States.
Your Choices About Communications
If you have requested information from us or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, we may send you emails about your account, about the products you have purchased, to remind you about a webcast for which you have registered or a service you have purchased, or in response to your questions. We may also send you emails with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate that you do not want to receive them.
You may at any time opt-out of receiving marketing communications by clicking on the opt-out link in the footer of a marketing email you have received or by contacting us. However, for your protection, even if you have opted-out of marketing communications, we may contact you in the event that we find an issue with a product or service you have purchased that requires your immediate attention.
How To Change Or Remove Account Information
You may change or remove your profile information on our Websites at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, demonstrating that you are the individual or company identified in the profile, and indicating how you would like them to edit your information. If you want to stop using your account, you may deactivate it by contacting email@example.com. When your account is deactivated, you will not be able to use our Services and your information will not be capable of being viewed through our Websites. However, even after your account is deactivated, copies of your information, including but not limited to name and email address, may be retained by us as backup copies for legal and compliance reasons.
Additional Rights Regarding Personal Information
You may have additional rights relating to your Personal Information based on the applicable laws of your geographic location. For example, you may have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Information, the right to have your Personal Information deleted, the right to prevent the sale of your Personal Information, or other rights. In addition, residents of California (and others as required by applicable law) may request a list of Personal Information we have disclosed about you to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To exercise any rights you may have in your Personal Information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may request that you provide proof of your identity before we can fulfill certain requests. We will use reasonable efforts to respond to your requests within applicable timeframes.
Public Forums Reminder
The Websites often make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information. Although we value individual ideas and encourage free expression, we reserve the right but are not obligated to take necessary action to preserve the forum’s integrity, such as removing any posting that is vulgar or inappropriate.
We retain information for so long as it, in our discretion, remains relevant to its purpose, and in any event, for so long as is required by law. We will review retention periods periodically, and may sometimes pseudonymize or anonymize data held for longer periods, if appropriate and requested.
Links To Other Sites
Our Websites may contain links to third-party sites. We do not control the information collection on sites operated by any third party. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked sites, please contact those companies directly.
How To Contact Us